Constructing the Built Environment Level 1 / 2 Award
The Level 1/2 Vocational Award in Constructing the Built Environment (601/0543/4) was developed in collaboration with CITB and is primarily designed for learners aged 14-16 who want to learn about the construction industry from the build perspective. It provides learners with a broad introduction to the different trades involved in the sector and the types of career opportunities available.
This specification is no longer available for new entries from centres in England. Centres in England should visit the Eduqas subject page for more information on the replacement qualification.
All course materials are available on our related documents page.
We offer an extensive range of free digital educational resources.
We provide a range of training courses at locations all over the UK.
Statement of Purpose
Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Wales
" CITB are delighted to have been able to work with WJEC to develop the Level 1 / 2 Construction Qualifications which are based on industry approved content and provide the opportunity to inspire the next generation of young people to consider Construction in its widest context as a career of choice."
- Gareth Williams, Qualifications and Careers Manager, CITB Wales
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Structure of Qualification
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Specification
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Specimen Assessment Materials
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Teachers' Guide
- Please note that Model Assignments (summative assessment briefs) are available to download from the secure website. Please go to: Resources PDF Download / Controlled Assessment Materials
- Exemplar material for Unit 2: Practical Construction Skills and Unit 3: Planning Construction Projects is available to view on the secure website. Please go to: Resources PDF Download / Level 1 / 2 Constructing the Built Environment Exemplar Material
- Grade boundary information
Get In Touch
Our subject specialists are on hand to answer any of your queries.
Subject OfficerAllan Perry
029 2240 4259
Subject Support OfficerAndrew O'Regan
029 2240 4259